Wednesday 3 March 2010

Assignement 2e - Adding Text

So after adding images four and five, which I though was quite successful.. I decided that I would add one word on each of the oringinal three photographs which i think may be a stronger influence on the subjects to all give the same story.  These are the images with the words which I used...





The final stories I gathered for this last part of the experiment...

Male 19 Barman Glasgow
I was going up the stairs when I was distracted by a pigeon which was falling on top of a mouse.

Female 20 Waitress Fife
Leaving the underground station the woman paused at a pigeon sitting on the roof looking down on her, she light heartedly pondered what it was that the bird was planning or thinking. It wasn’t until she got back to her office computer that she received an email about diving pigeons attacking commuters. She smiled and considered herself lucky.

Female 46 Clerical Dundee
As I was going up the escalator I was suddenly distracted by this silly pigeon walking about outside that I tripped and fell over the mouse that someone had dropped accidently

--------------------

Personally I think that having literature next to an image definitely influences the subject to tell a particular story. Although I have no particular evidence of this from my experiment I plan to ask about more and collect more stories based on this part of the experiment. For the part a, b and c of the assignment when asking subject to tell a story linking the photographs, quite a few didn't understand completely what they were being asked to do where as when adding text it puts words into their heads almost telling them to think a particular thing! I don’t feel my experiment was particularly successful I feel it would have been more so if I had collected more stories and more evidence, which I hope to do if I can find the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment