Wednesday 3 March 2010

Assignment 2d - Adding Images

I didn't find that there was any particular re-occurring theme with the stories in part c, so I decided to randomly pick one of the stories which, by adding a fourth image of my choice, was hopefully going to get this same re-occurring story when asking different people. This is the story I chose ...

Person 4 - Male 57 Unemployed Dundee
Hurrying up the esculator not paying attention, I was looking at a strange pigeon in the corner and I trip over a computer mouse that someone had dropped.

The fourth image which I chose to add was of a man falling..




These are the stories which I gathered from the part of the experiment...


Male Waiter 19 Glasgow
I went for a stroll into town via the underground, when I got to the top of the escalators I saw a pigeon. I freaking loved that pigeon so I went to the nearest internet cafe and creped on the pigeons Facebook then fell in love with the pigeon.

Male Sales assistant 19 Dundee
One day a pigeon came bursting into a subway, the security guard had to duck rather abruptly and eventually fell down the escalator. He finds himself consulting his lawyers and they told him about a claim for injuries that happen at the workplace (which is where the mouse comes in).

 
Male Student 20 Glasgow
One day you we on an escalator, a metaphor for your imagination and within your imagination you thought about your life ambitions, your love for birds, textiles, computers and design etc. Before you reached the top of the esculator (your imagination) you fell out of your day dream and fell off the escalator.

--------------------


Summerising these stories, I feel like adding this photograph was quite succesful in bringing the element of the person falling.  This was a re-occuring theme although I feel like I need to add maybe a fifth image to bring in the other elements of the story.  Here is the fifth image which I had added...



I rearranged the photographs a few times to prompt the story teller to give the correcct stories and see if a different combination worked better.  The stories I collected after adding a fith image...


Female 20 Student Glasgow
I was walking to the tube and coming down the escalator when a pigeon flew at me from no where. I dropped my bag that had my laptop and mouse inside and when picking the mouse up I tripped and fell.


Female 17 Fast food restaurant Insture
One day I went travelling and I had to travel up the escalator. When I reached the top I saw a pigeon which made me shocked, I then fell all the way back down the escalator and got hit on the head by a mouse.

Female 21 PR Forres
On my shopping trip I was pretty tired and couldn’t be bothered taking the stairs so I took the escalator. When I got to the top I wasn’t looking and out the corner of my eye I thought I seen a pigeon. I was so shocked to see the pigeon that I didn’t even take my feet off the escalator so I feel over, it was then I realise the pigeon was in fact a mouse.

--------------------

I felt that adding these two images was quite successful and that it did make a difference, encouraging the 'subject' to tell the story that I wanted them to. I think that adding text would be more successful in this case as the story involves details which can be confused by the order of the photographs alone such as... "I tripped over a computer mouse that someone had dropped". The order of the photographs can vary, influencing different 'subjects' in different ways. Does the man trip over the mouse or does the mouse make the man trip over?

No comments:

Post a Comment